Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Rabbit Died

For the past couple of years we've had a family of rabbits living in our backyard (at least I think it's the same family of rabbits). One of the rabbits liked to sit underneath Thompson's favorite window (at least I think it was the same rabbit), comfortable in the knowledge that Thompson had a screen that prevented him from chasing the bunny.

Last night I was opening up the window for Thompson and looked out to see the rabbit lying on it's side with its eyes wide open. It was sad to see the dead bunny. This morning I went out, dug a hole, and said a few kind words before I buried the bunny. I think even Thompson will miss his nemesis/friend.

3 comments:

Daisy said...

I am very sorry your rabbit friend had to go to the Rainbow Bridge.

meemsnyc said...

Oh no, that is so sad about the bunny. I'm sure Thompson will miss him.

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Poor bunny. RIP.