Friday, September 19, 2008

Nekorific

Went and saw Neko Case play at First Ave. She has the kind of voice that can send shivers up your spine even in a sweltering hot Minneapolis night club.

I've seen her twice now and both shows she did a nice cover of Bob Dylan's "Buckets of Rain," a song that contains one of my favorite Dylan passages of all time: "Life is sad, life is a bust. All you can do, is do what you must. You do what you must do, and you do it well. I do it for you, honey baby can't you tell?"

Neko said earlier in the day she visited a local humane society shelter that was conducting a pet adoption. She dedicated most of her songs to individual cats and dogs she had seen that needed good homes.

3 comments:

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Avast thar Matey! I has an award for the Dread Pirate Diego on my blog. Dock yer Ship at Capt. Diamond's Grog Shoppe to claim it.

Ye might also want to be stoppin' by House Panthers, as there be something thar I'm thinkin' ye might want to be ogling.

Gizmo said...

That was sweet of her to do that to help get those kitties and doggies adopted.

Unknown said...

Ahhh...that was nice of her to dedicate her songs to the cats and dogs!

I have an award at my blog for you.