Tuesday, August 26, 2008

One Step Ahead

Diego-san's burn is mostly a memory. The fur around the wound is starting to cover it up. So my curiosity getting the better of me (a trait I picked up from the boyz) I just had to see how Diego figured out how to remove the collar he was supposed to wear. Hoping not to traumatize him too severely I sweet talked him into sitting with me and gently placed the collar back around his neck. He was having none of this and immediately began to squirm. I tied the collar and watched as he first tried to grab the collar with his front paws. This didn't give him much leverage so he lie down and began using his back claws. In a matter of seconds he was able to grab the collar and force it over his head. It was all so quick I could barely get any photos of his great Houdini act.

He's a determined and smart boy.

3 comments:

Parker said...

Diego-san is very smart indeed. I have never had to wear one of those collars and hope that I never do!

Daisy said...

Sometimes, that's how I get my tee-shirts off, too.

Mrs. Clemms said...

Wow, you're one smart kitty, Diego!