Friday, August 01, 2008

No Soup for You

Let me begin this post with a disclaimer: I feel horrible about burning Diego-san. All week long, first with the incident itself and then with the remedies, I feel like I let him down in my biggest responsibility- providing a safe and happy home for the three boyz. That said, my sense of humor often gets me in some trouble...

Today was the first day that I've had soup since the INCIDENT. You might well ask why I am eating so much hot soup during the hot days of summer. Good question. I've been enjoying Japanese noodles (udon) for dinner several times a week for the past month or so. I boil the noodles and add the broth and then pour the soup over vegetables. It's easy to make, cheap, healthy and I haven't tired of it. So today as I was boiling my water I looked at Diego-san and asked, "Care for some soup?" He didn't look too amused.

When it was done cooking I carefully carried the bowl to the living room. Diego eyed me but did not run up. He also showed no signs of fear. I doubt he's forgotten the incident but at the same time unlike some of us, he's seems willing to not let the outside scar become an inside scar as well.

5 comments:

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Diego-san knows you didn't mean it, but will now be more careful. Purrrs.

Daisy said...

Try not to feel too bad, because accidents happen sometimes. Diego knows you would never hurt him on purpose or he would have run away from you!

Anonymous said...

We had to catch up on the past few days. Do not feel too badly. Cats are curious and fast! And we manage to get into all kinds of mischief.

We have both jumped up onto the stove while Mom was cooking (once each) and Grayson actually got a blister on one of his pads. It wasn't Mom's fault, just because she was cooking.

Mickey's Musings said...

Diego will stay close because one of these days you will eat something he wants! heehee
Mom thinks that soup looks good!!!
Care to share a recipe ? :)
Purrs Mickey

Karen Jo said...

Diego-san knows you did not mean to hurt him. He will probably be more cautious of bowls from now on, though. That soup looks really good.