Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hissed Off

There's a little pond behind where I work. Today it was nice out so I decided that I'd take a little stroll. I was coming down the path toward my building when I heard something hiss at me. I looked to my left and there was a large Canadian Goose (not pictured here). I had never been hissed at by a goose before, didn't know it was possible. It was kind of a sissy hiss so I thought about running home and getting Thompson to show this bird what a real hiss sounds like.

I was just about to have a hissy fit about getting hissed at when I looked closer at the goose. She was guarding a nest of eggs. My bad. Mother Goose had every right to be protective and concerned about my intrusion...

7 comments:

MoMo said...

There you go, should apologize to the goose for intruding, however, unintentional :)

Gottagopractice said...

It's Spring!

Daisy said...

Do you think you saw the real Mother Goose?

Gandalf & Grayson said...

Yes, Geese hiss & stick their funny tongues out at you... watch out when they start honking & flapping their wings!

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

We have Canal ducks sometimes that are big and mean enough to scare me. I was so impressed when the big drake come on the porch and Bean face him down and threaten to throw him in the cook pot!

Kellie The Orange Cat said...

Oh, I must apologize for my fellow Canadian. If her future babies weren't so close by I am sure she would not hiss at you, we are known as a very polite people you know.

Gledwood said...

Yeah fair point she did well to be protective... I still think geese really ENJOY being hissy though, know what I mean..??!?