Monday, March 17, 2008

YAOW

I learned that if there is one thing worse than leaving Diego-san alone, it's ignoring him when I am around.

Yesterday afternoon I was working on my computer, and he circled my chair meowing indicating that I should stop what I was doing so he could hop up on my lap and have my undivided attention. I kept working away so he plopped down behind my chair and lay belly side up indicating it was time for a big ole belly rub. I still kept typing away. The next move wasn't so easy to ignore. He leaped up on my back, digging his front claw into the back of my neck and both his back claws into my lower back. I'm not sure my reaction was what he was shooting for however as I stood up and screamed. I don't think my response was an overreaction. I think most humans would scream when they are stabbed in the neck and back with razor sharp objects...

7 comments:

Kimo and Sabi said...

This wuz a proper response fer yer cat. Furst of all, you whould not be ingoring him. Sencondly, It should be HIS blog. "Nuff said - nice to meet you both.

Karen Jo said...

Now you know the dangers of ignoring Diego-san. Go, Diego-san! Show the man that he must pay attention to you. I am glad that Diego-san likes his limerick. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Diego-san rocks!!! How dare you ignore him, especially after leaving him for so long!

BTW: Bean says you can forget Torii Hunter, defense wise at least. Gomez is the real deal. She was not so happy with his bat.

gottagopractice said...

Good news - Diego is a smart cat. It won't be long before he just goes straight for the back, since that is such a reliable way of getting attention!

Daisy said...

Well, it got your attention, didn't it?

Unknown said...

Good job Dieog-San! If he won't take the usual cues then attack!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Ignore a cat at your own risk - that's the lesson for the day! Hahahaha! I am NOT allowing my kitty to read this.