Friday, January 18, 2008

Woo Hoo Wah

Spent about two hours on (and involuntarily off) the phone with Apple support people. I thought I'd call on the longshot chance that since my broken down Mac Mini was three months past its warranty period, they would consider giving me a discount on the astronomical (and impractical) repair costs.

After being bounced back and forth between technical support and sales (and getting disconnected six different times), I ended up with customer relations. They agreed to pay for the entire cost of the repair.

Thank you Apple.

5 comments:

Karen Jo said...

Three cheers for Apple, though I am sorry that it took so much time on the phone. Now you don't have to worry about whether it is worth it trying to recover the files.

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

So how much does that break down into per hour?

Dma said...

Are you suggesting I charge them for the two hours? I like that idea although with my salary I'm not sure it's worth pursuing...

Daisy said...

Way to go! I guess it pays to ask.

Unknown said...

Wow, that's great - I wouldn't have even thought to ask!