Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wah

My one year three month old Mac Mini died last week. Yesterday I brought it to the Genius Bar at my nearby Apple Store and my worst fears were confirmed: I need a new logic board. The cost? About two-thirds what it would cost to buy a brand new Mac Mini.

The problem is I didn't have a good backup system. My photos and music are stored on my iPod, and it is possible to extract them. I didn't have any important documents on the Mini so now I have to decide if it's worth paying for someone to transfer the contents of the dead Mini's hard drive onto whatever new computer I end up buying or if I should take the time to learn how to extract stuff off my iPod.

Needless to say, I am not a happy camper.

4 comments:

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

If they iPod work anything like Bean's digital camera, it should not be hard to get your stuffs off of it.

Daisy said...

Oh darn it!

Unknown said...

Oh NO! That is very bad news! I think you should buy each of the boyz a mac mini so they can blog themselves!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Dear...
I think you may get a new one~~ A good backup system new one.