Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mother Nature Has More Power than Papa

Saturday morning at 3 a.m. there was a storm that passed through with high winds and lots of lightning. I slept through the whole thing and was astounded when I scooted through my neighborhood to see huge branches, and trees lying all around.

Last night we got another storm that was very similar. The first wave of the storm came around 9 p.m. There was a lot of lightning and strong winds according to the TV stations that were on high alert and full warning status. This was occurring right at the end of Hell's Kitchen and the meteorologist that was all but screaming that the sky was falling did mention he'd go away and let us see the winner of the show. He did, but right as soon as the winner walked through the doorway to culinary award, the meteorologist cut back in.

That first wave of storm mostly missed my area. Then around 11:30 another huge storm came through. I was just about asleep lying next to Theo who was completely zonked out. Then the lightning started- and since I have nice skylights above my bed the whole room lit up. I looked outside and saw my trees swaying like crazy. The rain was really coming down. As the continuous lightning lit up the skies Theo soon was wide awake and looking more than a little apprehensive. Soon all three boyz were up and about looking out the windows and looking at me to see what I was going to do about things.

Diego-san dashed down to the living room to the place he takes safety from Theo's relentless play- the top of the piano. Thompson stationed himself on the cat tree looking out the front windows. Theo was more passive- staying in the hallway where there are multiple getaways and options.

The storm blew through without leaving any damage to my property and the only after effect is I'm very very tired this morning...

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Storms are very very scary. The best thing to do during a storm is to hide under the bed. Just so you know.

Unknown said...

I don't care for storms but I usually don't get scared. I'm like Thompson - I just want to watch out the window to see what is going on. If it gets too scary I sit on Mums lap, or if she is sleeping,then on her head.