Friday, June 22, 2007

Line of Succession

Last night I was cleaning out some cupboards and found a few cans of special cat food that I got when the late great Mr. Max got sick. I saw the date of the prescription was 12/02. It's hard to believe it was that long ago- Max died in early 2003.

Of course everytime I come across a reminder of Mr. Max I tell the boyz what a great cat he was. And I'm careful to add the disclaimer- 'and all you three are great cats too.'

I swear that before I get to the disclaimer Thompson looks at me with this sad forlorn look on his face as if I'm suggesting he's not doing something right. I guess talking about Mr. Max is a little like talking about an old girlfriend while out on a date (not that I'd know what that is like).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thompson seems like a sensitive soul!

A friend of mine had to put his 20 year old cat down yesterday - how unbeleivably sad. I don't even want to imagine...

Your boyz are lucky that Mr. Max came before them and trained you : )

Shelley

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Very cute photo~!!!
Happy weekend to you.

Daisy said...

My Mommie says every cat has their own special place in her heart!