Thursday, June 07, 2007

Tabby Deficiency?

One of the great quirks about the late great Mr. Max was that whenever he purred deeply he would drool. He used to sit on my chest and purr and soak my t-shirt. Sounds gross but it was a part of Max that made him Max.

Of the three boyz, Thompson is the only one who occasionally drools when he purrs. Last night I noticed a wet spot in my bed underneath where Thompson was lying, purring away. Since both Max and Thompson share(d) a common trait of being tabbies, I wonder if drooling is something that comes with that type of kitty.

2 comments:

gottagopractice said...

Nope, not a tabby thing. My favorite cat ever, D'Artagnan, used to cuddle in my arms, kneeding and drooling. I usually had a big wet spot on my sleeve. I loved him dearly. And he was black, without a stripe to be seen.

Dma said...

So much for that theory. I am glad that all three of the boyz aren't droolers. That be a tad much...