Friday, May 11, 2007

Opening Day

We won our first softball game of the season and I had a decent game. I actually hit a home run which was probably my first in three or four years. I had some trouble in the field butchering two ground balls but I made all the other plays and we won (something like 13 to 2- I stopped keeping track). My biggest worry- pulling a leg muscle- didn't happen although my legs felt pretty tight all game. I still quite enjoy playing softball and when I'm out in the field I still feel like the kid who used to spend every day all summer long playing whiffle ball with my brother in our backyard. Those were my Theo-like days and they seem a long long time ago.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember Whiffle Ball! I wonder if kids still play it?

Too bad you couldn't harness Theo's enthusiasm and energy, I know I could use some : )