Thursday, December 28, 2006

Perfect Petzzz

As a going away/congratulations on the new job gift, a colleague gave me the perfect pet a balled up sleeping kitty that breathes and purrs.

I had the kitty on my desk at work for a while and everyone that would pass by my office would look in startled probably thinking I'm just nuts enough to actually bring in a cat to work.

As I packed up my stuff and brought it home, I put the cat upstairs on top of my CD player so the boyz wouldn't try and rip it to pieces (darn cat all he does is sleep! Unlike us who only sleep 21 hours a day!) I didn't think anything of this until about 3 a.m. the next morning when I woke up and heard this purring. It struck me as odd that one of the boyz was that content just sleeping away in our normal routine. It sounded like Theo- so I looked down at his normal sleeping spot- right by my feet. He was sound asleep not making a peep.

I then checked Diego who was asleep by my side. Again he was content but not purring. I checked the pet bed by my bed and Thompson was also sound asleep. It then occurred to me that the purring was coming from the mechanical cat on top of my CD player. Without all the noise from the workplace the purring actually was quite loud. The boyz were probably amazed at how content their new (temporary) roommate was.

2 comments:

gottagopractice said...

That's hilarious.
Best of luck in the new job...

Unknown said...

What a cute gift!

I have a similar looking kitten ornament that my niece gave me. It's much smaller and doesn't purr, but looks quite real (except for the fact that it is about 2" long).

Kellie is always stealing it from my desk. Sometimes I find her mothering it by bathing it and other times I find her batting it around the house. I'm not sure what she thinks it is : )