Sunday, December 24, 2006

Crochety Kitty

Thompson is getting grumpier and grumpier as he ages. Most of this is due seemingly to Theo's presence. Often times Theo will be mindlessly walking by Thompson only to get stopped in his tracks with a menacing hissing and growl. Sometimes when Thompson is lying around somewhere Theo will try and hop up and join him only to be scowled away. I don't think it's a case of Thompson not liking Theo. I think it's more of a case of Theo's poor spacial abilities and Thompson not appreciating getting stepped on.

This dynamic is somewhat amusing at dinner time. Thompson will stand in front of his dish meowing away. Diego will stand right next to him obviously anxious for the food to arrive. Theo will wander between them and to me, rubbing up against my leg and trying to rub up against Thompson and Diego. This will cause Thompson to hop up on his back legs to avoid contact. It reminds me of a game of tag with Thompson trying his hardest not to become "it."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guess Thompson feels like some old people feel around little kids, they love them, but can only take so much : )