Saturday, December 02, 2006

Not So Quiet Saturday Afternoon

I came home from work Saturday afternoon feeling a bit under the weather. My stomach wasn't right and I had the chills. So I plopped myself down on the living room couch, under the comforter and tried to take a brief nap.

The boyz would have none of it. Diego got it in his mind that he had to rip apart the cardboard cat scratcher that essentially has three parts: the triangular base, the inner cardboard platform that holds the scratcher, and the cardboard scratcher itself. There are two holes on the side of the base that give access to a toy mouse that temptingly dangles inside.

Diego separated the three pieces. This caused the other boyz to go over and look at his work. Theo went after the now exposed mouse. Thompson, my cardboard chewer, went to work at rippng apart the inner cardboard platform pieces. This activity seemed to work them all up and they all took turns hopping up on me and not allowing me to take a nap. Argg.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! Keep wrapped up in your comforter!

Kellie has that same cardboard scratcher - I think it's called an Alpine scratcher. She loves it and so far she hasn't destroyed it, but if your boyz are any indication I know what to look forward to : )