Saturday, October 07, 2006

Come on Home

When I get home I enter through my front door because that's where the mail slot is and I pick up my mail on my way into the house.

Inevitably as I'm walking up to the door I'll look in my big front window and see Thompson lying on the top of the couch watching things in the front yard. It's like he's waiting for me to get home (don't know if he can distinguish the sound of my car or my scooter so he knows I'm home). As he sees me rounding the corner of my house he'll stand up and stretch and then when I open the door he's right there meowing away.

It's a nice way to come home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure cats can hear which cars belong to who. Kellie will go barrelling down the hall to the front door when she hears my Dad's car and sure enough a couple of minutes later there he is ringing the doorbell.

As for telling time, I'm pretty convinced they have a sense of time too.