Monday, August 07, 2006

Four Games

I survived our all day softball tournament on Saturday. We ended up playing four games (no breaks). By the end of the last game I don't think I had a whole lot left in the tank. My legs were quite sore.

I've been playing softball in this league for around 16 years. The all day tournament has always been a physical challenge, but as I've gotten older it's noticeably harder.

This year the weather was ideal. It was in the 80's but it rained very lightly in the morning keeping it feeling fairly cool. The boyz were a little bit excited about the unusual schedule of the day; up early, out the door quickly, back shortly thereafter (I forgot my spikes) and back home in the afternoon.

If only Theo could watch me race around the bases- still something I do better than most. I'm sure he'd be impressed.

No comments: