Saturday, July 15, 2006

Surprise

Diego and Thompson spent most of last evening in the basement. Diego stayed downstairs last night as well. I thought it might be the heat and that the basement is a little bit cooler than the rest of the house. But still, Diego has been spending a lot of the last few days upstairs where it is warmer than the rest of the house.

This morning I heard some scratching noise so I went down to see what Diego was up to. What I saw was him watching the furnace and air conditioning ducts. Upon further investigation I discovered that there is an unknown animal stuck in the ducts.

I don't know what it is but Diego has been dutifully waiting for whatever it is to escape so he can presumably pounce on it.

I don't know exactly what to do. If I try to get it out and it's a bird or a squirrel I likely won't be able to catch it and it will flee somewhere in the house. If I let it die it will probably be pretty stinky pretty darn quick.

And I can't think of a worse way to die- trapped in a dark tube with hot and cold air blowing by you constantly. I'd like to help it get out- whatever it is- but I really don't want to deal with the chaos that is sure to follow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a nice picture of all 3 of your boyz!

Have you had any luck extricating your animal friend from the heat ducts?