Friday, June 16, 2006

Forced (Needed) Vacation

It was a much needed week off (albeit forced upon me by my boss M-). I napped a lot yet still got some things done.

I cleaned out some closets (if moving things from one closet to another qualifies as actual cleaning).

I read two and a half books: Kyle Smith's Love Monkey (I loved the book being about a guy who never gets the girl and listens to Dylan to understand this and console himself at the same time); Sarah Vowell's Assasination Vacation (what a wit and great political humor); and John Grogan's Marley and Me (a terrific little memoir about a couples' love of their world's worst behaved lovable pet dog).

I've seen three movies: Gia, Modern Times, and The Lake House.

I got my tomato plants planted. (Yellow tomatoes. Yum.)

I've bonded more than before with Thelonious- one of the two greatest nappers of all time (Thompson being the other master napper).

No comments: