Friday, April 28, 2006

A Grudge Holder

I tried cutting Thompson's back claws last night because they were getting talon length. He doesn't like his claws clipped mostly, I think, because he doesn't like being held down or held in my lap.

I try cutting his claws when he is lying around relaxed and that was what happened last night.

Unfortunately I could only get one or two clipped before he became agitated, growling at me and getting up and running away. After I finally got most of them clipped, Thompson showed his displeasure with me the rest of the evening, staying just within eye range but if I got up and approached him he'd run away. I once read something on the Internet that said you shouldn't clip a three legged cat's claws for "obvious reasons." I guess those reasons aren't so obvious to me unless they meant all three legged cats really despise the process.

No comments: