Friday, April 21, 2006

A Great Big Giant Popsicle

Ever since he moved into the humble little faux brick abode in St. Paul Theo has demonstrated himself to be a consistent, if not constant, licker. When he's sitting in my lap and my hand is near his face he inevitably will lick it. The soft non cottony edge of a pink blanket will get licked if exposed. He likes to lick Thompson (who's the official cleaner of the trio) and Diego.

In the past month or so Theo has taken to finishing off my shower for me. I'll get out of the bathroom and start getting dressed and Theo will meander over and start licking my legs. It's like I'm a great big old popsicle. I think it's a sign of affection but maybe it's just some type of nervous tic. I'm just glad his lick uses mostly the sandpaper portion of his tongue and not the fluid producing portion.

No comments: