Friday, April 21, 2006

Diego-san's Time

At the risk of sounding like one of those crazy cat people whose life revolves around all things feline- living with three boyz means when I'm home there is a lot of action constantly going on.

Thus I really try to spend some individual quality time every day, if only briefly with Thompson, Theo and Diego-san.

Diego-san's time comes right before bed time. He'll come upstairs with me and as I'm brushing my teeth he'll jump up on the vanity look in the mirror and then drink some water out of the tap. As I check my emails one last time Diego will come sit by me, roll around and let out his roar. This is a signal to pay him some attention and I do so by brushing his long black fur. He loves this ritual and even lets me comb his belly. Most nights he'll hop into bed with me, purring deeply, sit on my stomach for a bit and then find a comfortable spot to sleep at the end of the bed.

No comments: