Sunday, March 12, 2006

Weekend with Theo

Theo and I have had a rough weekend. He has developed the habit of reaching up as high as he can and pulling down whatever he can grab. So I've been coming home and finding papers and cat combs and pens and whatever lying on the floor. I've been trying to break him of this habit. Last night while I was in my office on my computer Theo was going around reaching up for things and I would yell at him and pick him up and try to get him to play with other things. But he wouldn't stop trying. So I eventually put him in the bedroom and closed the door.

I really don't think he's deliberately misbehaving. Instead, I think Theo has discovered he can reach places he wasn't tall enough or confident enough to reach before. Now that he can reach those places it is his sole mission to explore.

No comments: