Friday, March 03, 2006

Happy Sounds

I love that when I'm lying in bed I can usually tell which cat is walking down the carpeted pathway in the upper wing and soon will be jumping up on to the bed with me.

Diego walks as if he doesn't want to be heard. His walk is more of a glide and the sound of his walk is full of confidence and decisiveness.

Theo has a similar sounding walk but his walk is more of a precise march. Although he doesn't weigh as much as Diego he presses his paws down heavier in the carpet.

Thompson's hop is often accompanied by a grunt. But even when he doesn't make a vocal sound his approach to the bed sounds like a bunny.

One of my favorite things to do is to lie with my eyes closed and guess which boy is approaching. It's one of life's small pleasures but for me it never fails to bring a smile to my face.

No comments: